Did you know that only about 48% of adults have a full set of permanent teeth (excluding wisdom teeth)? For patients who have lost a tooth or multiple teeth, dental implants can be a great option for replacing them.
Implants can serve to restore chewing function while feeling like natural teeth, and also have the ability to last a lifetime. With her advanced training in implant dentistry, Dr. Schultz can determine if implants may be an option for you!
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are metal posts that are inserted surgically into the jawbone to provide stability for artificial teeth.
Patients may choose to receive dental implants if they:
- Are unhappy with the appearance of their smile due to missing teeth
- Wear uncomfortable dentures
- Are unhappy with removable partial dentures
- Wish to keep other teeth intact
Implants can be used to replace one tooth, several teeth, or to support a full set of dentures. These implants are made of titanium and other materials that are well tolerated by the body.
What are the Benefits of Dental Implants?
- Implants offer a great deal of support to man-made teeth.
- Any restoration attached to an implant won’t slip or shift in the mouth, allowing for better chewing and speaking ability, as compared to removable restorations.
- Man-made teeth attached to implants feel more natural and more comfortable than traditional bridges or dentures.
- Implants offer great value, because they can last a lifetime, if properly maintained.
Am I a Good Candidate for Dental Implants?
Dental implants may be right for you if you:
- Are in good health, or are cleared by your physician prior to scheduling surgery.
- Have enough bone to support the implant, or are a candidate for bone augmentation, if needed.
- Have healthy gum tissue to surround the implant.
- Commit to taking care of the implant with regular brushing, flossing, and dental visits.
If you think dental implants may be right for you, contact us to schedule a consultation!